Friday, July 22, 2011

Fifty Days of Challenge

I've been slacking off. Sure, I've been working at camp for the last seven weeks, but that's no excuse. I had my yarn and crochet hook, but all I did after finishing my mukluks (I'll post pictures at some point) was give yarn to my girls to make parachutes. So. . . Bad me.

(In case you couldn't tell, this is lonely, neglected yarn. It has a sad face.
True, I was a bit burned out--I finished eight huge flower scarves right before I left. They were lovely and they made me a lot of money. But they were also insane and repetitive, and I made all eight of them in a week (O_O). So it's no wonder I haven't worked on any projects for months--right?
One of the eight monstrous scarves
Perhaps. But now it is time to start anew--with a challenge! For the next fifty days, I will create a randomly determined challenge, complete it, and post the creation on Etsy. To account for unforeseen circumstances (such as surprise parties, ogres, and lady-eating sharks), I'll give myself two extensions per week. Yes.
A rather more pleasant interaction than expected
Challenges will be arranged by taking the word of the day from dictionary.com (http://dictionary.reference.com/wordoftheday) and constructing a challenge fitting that theme. So, for instance, the word today is "feign." So my challenge for today (presuming I would undertake it with only an hour remaining) would be to. . .  Create an object that appears to be one thing while actually being something else. How simple!

Is it a doorway with two people or an elderly man's enormous head? Oh, dear. . .

If you wish to join me in my quest, please do so! I would love to see how others respond to the prompts. Even if you don't knit or crochet, you might make jewelry, draw, paint, sew, write, or do any number of creative things. Feel free to post pictures and descriptions of anything you make. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment